The people of Romagna have a reputation of self staters, welcoming and candid. In this tour, we will meet fishermen, sustainable farmers, and mosaic artists.
Trip in a nutshell
- Ideal for: wine lovers, off the beaten path seekers, mosaic enthousiasts
- Highlights: fishing trip, Brisighella hamlet
- What you will learn: how biological wine is made, mosaic lab
- Local professional guide throughout your entire trip
- Length: 3 days, 2 nights
- Starts from Cesenatico and ends in Ravenna
- Transportation: self-drive or car and driver
- Accommodation and meals: family-run Agriturismo/hotels; typical meals at the farm or in traditional restaurants
- Price: starting from €600 per person (based on a group of 4 people).
DESCRIPTION OF TOUR
From a day out fishing to a mosaic lab, this itinerary makes everybody in the family happy.
We will travel slowly in the area of Ravenna, with plenty of time to relax in the vineyards, sunbake at the beach and explore its UNESCO world heritage sites.
Are you ready to meet the People of Romagna?
DAY 1 Fishing trip with Paolo and taking it easy in Cesenatico
Come onboard Magiablù and meet captain Paolo. Paolo and his colleagues organized the Fishermen coop and they go out every day in search of the black gold: mussels.
Learn how to fish and get your catch and, if luck will not be on your side, you will still enjoy a delicious seafood lunch on the boat.
In the afternoon you can relax at the beach or explore the town.
Cesenatico offers many options for dinner: from a romantic seafood restaurant to the authentic hole in the wall joints, what is your pick?
DAY 2 Meet Mr.Franscesconi in his vineyards and explore medieval Brisighella
What is the perfect wine to accompany the local seafood dishes? You will discover the secrets of organic winemaking with Paolo and taste his masterpiece: a clay pot vinified Albania.
We will then drive to Brisighella: one of the most picturesque medieval hamlets in Italy. Get lost in the medieval alleys and look for the Donkey’s covered walk. Travel with locals back in time and learn about the Roman traditions, the Clock Tower, and the Monticino Sanctuary. Do not forget to taste the local olive oil, among the finest in Italy. Chef Angelo Randi e Mirko Conti will host us for lunch in their iconic restaurant, where traditions and experimentation blend seamlessly.
We will then travel slowly towards our accommodation: Agriturismo il Palazzo, where Matteo and Sara will delight us with their organic Sangiovese e Trebbiano wines.
DAY 3 Make your own mosaic in Ravenna and discover byzantine treasures
Looking for the best places in Italy to experience arts, history, and local traditions in one go? Luca and Arianna are mosaic artists and their art is displayed in many galleries around the world. They will be happy to provide a customized experience around mosaics and after a few hours, you will be able to create a small mosaic and take it with you!
After the mosaic workshop, we will hit the food market.
In my school days, the food market was my favorite place to get a tasty sandwich at an affordable price. If you are a foodie, you should include this experience in your Italy travel itinerary. This building was restored in 2019 and its intriguing liberty style is the perfect setting for a brunch or a fish aperitivo.
After lunch at the market, we will visit Ravenna UNESCO world heritage sites and the historic city center.
The program in details
This is an approximate schedule, exact times will be finalized and they might change during the trip.
– Day 1: A fishing trip with Paolo and taking it easy in Cesenatico
- 9 am onboard Magiablù for the fishing trip
- 1 pm lunch on the boat
- 2,00 -6,00 pm free time in Cesenatico
- 6,30 pm check in to your hotel
- 7,30 pm dinner
– Day 2: Meet Mr.Franscesconi in his vineyards and explore medieval Brisighella
- 8,30 am depart from hotel
- 9,30 am -11,30 pm visit wine farm
- 12,30 – 6.00 pm arrive in Brisighella , lunch and explore the city
- 7,30 pm end check in the hotel and dinner
– Day 3: Make your own mosaic in Ravenna and discover byzantine treasures
- 8,30 am depart from hotel
- 9,30 am -12,30 pm Mosaico Lab
- 12,30 – 2 pm Lunch in Ravenna Food Market
- 2 – 5 pm visit Ravenna and mosaics
- 5 pm end of tour
- Accommodation and breakfast: 2 nights in agriturismo / B&B / hotels 3 or 4 stars (based on double room occupancy)
- 3 meals (lunch / dinner)
- All the experiences mentioned in the program
- A local professional guide throughout your trip
- Pre-trip support and assistance during your trip
Is not included, but can be arranged
- Transportation throughout the tour
- Any other destination/experience not specified in the program
What to bring – useful info
- Pack one nicer outfit for evenings out (optional 😉)
- 1 light jacket or wrap
- 1 pair of comfortable shoes
- Small daypack that’s comfortable to carry
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses, sunscreen